Saturday, May 13, 2017

Alpha-Class Xg-1 Star Wing

By request,  The Alpha-Class Xg-1 Star Wing


In my interpretation of this ship, I used the Missile Pack weapon option instead of the standard Missile tubes. I know that Wookiepedia says they have two missile tubes with 8 missiles each, but lets face it.. based on EVERY SINGLE depiction it looks like it has missile tubes lined up 3x2.

 Image result for xg-1 star wing
Basic math says that's 6 missiles, but if i'm to believe that each side is "one missile launcher with 8 missiles" it means that only 2 of those visible missile tubes have a 'reload' missile. If none of those tubes have a 'reload' then the ship only has 12 missiles total, not the indicated 16.

To stop my brain from exploding from this discrepancy, i decided to just give the ship 2 missile packs.
I know... I know..  in the FFG rules, each missile pack holds 8-10 missiles and fires them one half at a time. So the numbers still don't add up. But it makes my brain way happier to pretend the ship is firing 3 missiles at a time from a 6 slotted missile pack than it does to pretend that only 2 of 6 tubes got a refill missile, or that this little starfighter gets a whopping 16 missiles to fire one at a time.

With missile packs, this starfighter only gets 4 shots with it's missiles but they pack a serious punch, which still lines up with its over-all assault role.  and more importantly, it is far easier to visualize based on all the depictions.

can you tell that this kind of junk gets under my skin?


No comments:

Post a Comment